OCR HUMANITARIAN AWARD
The OCR Humanitarian Award is an important piece of our portfolio. This year the award is sponsored by Adventurey, LLC and our media partner is Mud Run Guide It is integral to our desire to encourage, inspire, and equip OCR athletes to do great things for other humans.
Purpose: To recognize an individual(s) within the obstacle racing community who consistently exhibits humanitarian traits off the course. This includes:
- Giving of him/herself without expectation of compensation
- Embraces common moral decencies such as altruism, integrity, responsibility, and compassion
- Improves the lives of others through selfless, courageous, and compassionate acts
Eligibility: To be eligible for the award, the individual(s) must be part of the OCR community and meet one of the following two criteria*
Because of COVID-19 restrictions on racing this year, the participation criteria for nomination includes the previous year. Also for 2020, nominations will be accepted on an international basis.
- Complete a minimum of 4 obstacle races between August 1, 2018, and August 1, 2020, OR
- Work within the OCR Industry (e.g., OCR course builder/director, OCR website designer, OCR writer, OCR apparel designer, OCR marketing specialist, etc.
*Individuals and families associated with For Those Who Would, North American OCR Championships, and Mud Run Guide are ineligible for nomination. Previous award winners and those who were finalists in 2019 (Joey McGlamory, Carrie Lukins, & Sean Valigura) are ineligible for nomination in 2020.
Previous winners of the award are Jesse Bruce, Allan Ajoy, Matty Gregg, Brian Nichol, & Steve McCollum