OCR HUMANITARIAN AWARD
The OCR Humanitarian Award that we co-sponsor along with Mud Run Guide and North American OCR Championships is an important piece of our portfolio. It is integral to our desire to encourage, inspire, and equip OCR athletes to do great things for other humans.
Purpose: To recognize an individual(s) within the obstacle racing community who consistently exhibits humanitarian traits off the course. This includes:
- Giving of him/herself without expectation of compensation
- Embraces common moral decencies such as altruism, integrity, responsibility, and compassion
- Improves the lives of others through selfless, courageous, and compassionate acts
Eligibility: To be eligible for the award, the individual(s) must be part of the OCR community, a citizen or legal resident of North or Central America, and meet one of the following two criteria:
- Complete a minimum of 4 obstacle races between August 1, 2018, and August 1, 2019, OR
- Work within the OCR Industry (e.g., OCR course builder/director, OCR website designer, OCR writer, OCR apparel designer, OCR marketing specialist, etc.
*Individuals and families associated with For Those Who Would, North American OCR Championships, and Mud Run Guide are ineligible for nomination. Those who were finalists in 2018 are ineligible for nomination in 2019.